Well, fret not. Just try WD-40®'s Specialist™ Machine & Engine Degreaser. This aerosol is a degreaser with a powerful stream that sprays up to five feet, and whose formulation works to penetrate deeply into tough grease, oil, tar, dirt, adhesives and more, to remove them. So, yes, you can get the job done without having to take the engine apart!
Not sure how to do it? Well, let us run you through the simple process, step-by-step.
1. First, ensure the engine is turned off and has cooled down
2. Cover the carburetor, intake systems and exposed electrical and electronic
3. Shake the can of WD-40®'s Specialist™ Machine & Engine Degreaser well, before spraying generously on the cool engine. Make sure you get to all the dirty and greasy surfaces.
4. Let the solvent soak the parts you sprayed for between five and 10 minutes, then brush off any stubborn deposits to break up the grease and dirt
5. The final step -- just rinse with water!
Once done, remove the water-proof sheets and you can start the engine and let it sit for about 10 minutes to allow the engine to completely dry off. If you want to go one step further to drive out moisture and protect the parts you've cleaned from rust and corrosion, you can also use the WD-40® Multi-Use Product.
Fast acting and easy to wipe off if you choose to do so after a rinse with water, the Specialist® Machine & Engine Degreaser is known for helping vehicles run smoother, last longer, and feel like new too.
And it's not just for vehicles. It is also great for any industrial machinery, gears and chains, farm and power equipment, tractors and forklifts, and other metal tools.
For more information on the WD-40®'s Specialist™ Machine & Engine Degreaser, which is not just for the specialists, check out https://wd40.asia/.