Lazada Malaysia has kicked off its month-long Online Revolution campaign with a new sales record on 11.11. The Single’s Day event generated more than RM100 million of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV).
Lazada Malaysia chief executive officer, Hans-Peter Resell, said, “The successful start of our Online Revolution campaign showcases the growing trust and relevancy of e-commerce in Malaysia. Together with our brand and logistics partners as well as local and international merchants, we are committed to give Malaysian consumers the best shopping opportunities, no matter where they are. We look forward to a month long of mega sales including the Big Baby Fair, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the Online Revolution finale on 12th to 14th December.”
• Lazada Malaysia recorded more than RM100 Million in Gross Merchandize Value in the first 24 hours of the Online Revolution
• Lazada Malaysia’s website and apps had ~10 Million visits, in a single day, representing a 3X uplift vs 2016
• At it's peak, Lazada Malaysia recorded an estimated 1,400 transactions per minute
• Top Lazada merchants sold more than 50 times a normal day's volumes on 11.11
• More than RM1.2 million worth of deals were pre-booked via Lazada 11.11 Giftcards
• Top three categories for the sales were: Groceries, Baby & Toys and Electronics
• The highest selling products in the first 24 hours were Petronas Fuel Cards, Milo 2.2kg and Pineng Powerbanks
• Customers purchased Items from a price range of 81 sen (Tiger Biscuits, 60g) to RM13,499 (Samsung 75" inch UHD TV)
• In the first 24 hours, more than 32,000 diapers were bought on Lazada Malaysia
• 34,000 smartphones and tablets were ordered by customers in 24 hours
• We aim to delight our customers with same day deliveries and the first 11.11 order was delivered to a customer at 11.30 a.m.
The Online Revolution Isn’t Over – Mark Your Calendars for More Blockbuster Deals!
The Lazada Online Revolution continues for one month, with Big Baby Fair happening from 23rd to 27th November, Black Friday on 24th November, Cyber Monday on 27th November, Payday Sale on 28th November to 3rd December and the Online Revolution Finale on 12th December to 14th December.
Themed “Shop The Universe”, consumers can shop from brands including Senheng, Tefal, NYX, Maybelline, Carlo Rino, Durex, Dettol, Scholl, Veet, Motorola-Lenovo, JBL, Drypers, Watsons and Nivea with discounts up to 90% off. Shoppers can also look forward to deals as low as RM1, “Buy 1 free 1” promotions, brand flash sales and “Mystery Boxes” at discounted prices. Shoppers can also look forward to giveaways worth more than RM 60 million, including Club Med holiday packages, Go Pros, iPhone Xs, Perodua Bezzas, a chance to experience Zero-G and many more.
For more information on other great deals, don’t forget to log on to http://www.lazada.com.my/online-revolution